1. Some people think developing countries should invite foreign companies to open branches, offices and factories to promote their economies. Others say that they should keep the foreign companies out and depend more on their own local companies. Describe both views and give your opinion.
2. Some people believe that governments should make investment in building public libraries in every town, while others think it is a waste of money because we have access to information via Internet. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think that social skills are as important as academic qualifications. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Most of the urgent problems can only be solved with international cooperation. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
5. Some people think that young people should follow traditions of their society, and others think young people should be free to behave as they will. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6. The spread of multinational companies and the increase of globalization produces positive effects for everyone. To what extent to you agree or disagree?
7. In the future，there will be a higher proportion of older people than younger people. Is it a positive or negative development?
8. Nowadays, mobile phones and internet have become increasingly important in people’s social life. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
1. News media are important in modern society. Why are they so important? Are their influences generally positive or negative?
2. In some countries old people are highly valued, while in some cultures young people are highly valued. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Nowadays, there is a trend that reports of media focus on problems and emergencies rather than positive developments. Some people think it is harmful to individuals and to society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think planning future is a waste of time and people should focus on the present. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. In modern world, it is no longer necessary to use animals for food or use animal products, for instance, clothing and medicines. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Nowadays consumers are faced with the advertisements from competitive companies. To what extent do you agree that consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures should be taken to protect them?
7. In most countries，prison is an effective solution for the problem of crime. Some people think it is a more effective solution to provide a better education. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
8. The increase in food production owes much to fertilizers and better machinery, but some people think that it has a negative impact on human health and community. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people think news have no connection to people's lives, so then it is a waste of time to read the news in the newspaper and watch television news programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Many people believe that scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. An increasing number of people do not know their neighbors, and there is no longer a sense of community. What do you think are the causes of this situation? What solutions can you suggest?
12. Some visitors are interested in other countries' culture and tradition. How can visitors learn it？Why are other visitors not interested in it？
13. Advertisements encourage consumers to buy in quantity rather than in quality. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. It is better for students to live away from home while studying at university than living with parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. In most cities and towns, the high volumes of road traffic have become a problem. What are the causes and what actions could be taken to solve the problem？
16. Some people believe arts such as painting and music cannot directly improve the quality of people's lives so that government money should be spent on other things. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
更多雅思学习资料，关注我的新浪微博@雅思哥 和微信公众号 ielts365
Copyright2017, passthexam.com. All rights reserved. | 粤ICP备17119734号