1. Advertising discourages people from being different individuals by making us all want to do the same and look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think developing countries should invite foreign companies to open branches, offices and factories to promote their economies. Others say that they should keep the foreign companies out and depend more on their own local companies. Describe both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people believe that governments should make investment in building public libraries in every town, while others think it is a waste of money because we have access to information via Internet. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
4. Some people believe that the government should support the development in agriculture such as farming and the creation of new types of fruits and vegetables. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people believe countries have moral obligation to help each other, others worry about the aid money cannot get to the poor of this world. Discuss.
6. Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. Do you agree or disagree?
7. Today, most people understand the importance of protecting the environment, while some people think individuals are too weak to take actions and make a difference. Discuss why do such people hold this opinion and tell what should be done to solve the problem.
8. Most of the urgent problems can only be solved with international cooperation. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
9. The spread of multinational companies and the increase of globalization produces positive effects for everyone. To what extent to you agree or disagree？
10. Some people think that using mobile phones and computers has a negative effect on young people's reading and writing skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Some people think watching TV is bad for children, while others think that watching TV has more beneficial effects on children. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
12. A large number of young people cannot find jobs after they leave school. What problems will youth unemployment cause in individual and for society? What measures should be taken to reduce the level of unemployment among young people？
13. Multi-cultural societies, which are a mixture of different ethnicity people, bring more benefits than drawbacks to a country. Do you agree or disagree?
14. Many countries spend a lot of money preparing competitors to take part in major sports competitions such as the Olympics, football world cup etc. Some people think that it would be better to spend this money to encourage children to take part in sports in a young age. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
15. There are more new towns nowadays, it is more important to include public parks and sports for individuals to spend their free time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. Many students are taught to push themselves to try and be better than other students, rather than work together for everyone’s benefits. What are the advantages and disadvantages?
17. People can live and work anywhere they want to choose, because of improved communication technology and transport, Do the advantages of this development outweigh disadvantages?
18. Some people believe that young people who commit serious crimes should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. University students should pay all the cost of studies because university education only benefits the students themselves not the society as a whole. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
20. Major cities grow continuously and expand into countryside, what problems are caused due to the cities development to the young people living in the city, what are the reasons and what solutions do you have?
21. Nowadays, some organizations and charities publicize their activities by introducing special days every year like National Children's Day and Non-smoking Day. Why do they introduce special days and what effects does this have?
22. Some people believe that the subjects and lesson contents should be decided by the authorities such as the government. Some people argue that teachers should make the choice. Discuss the both viewpoints and give your opinion.
23. The best way to teach children to cooperate is through team sports at school. What extent do you agree or disagree?
24. Consumption of the world’s resources (such as oil, fresh water, etc.) is increasing at a dangerous rate. What are the causes of this increased consumption? What can people do to reduce it?
25. Some people think that language should be taught in small classes, while other people think the number of students in a language class does not matter. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
26. In recent years, young people in many countries choose to live by themselves. What are the reasons and is it positive or negative for the development of the society？
27. Older people who need employment have to compete with younger people. What problem does this cause and what are the solutions？
28. Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
29. Some people think that work is the most important thing of people's life. Without the success of career, life will become meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
30. In some countries, parents expect their children to spend long time studying both in and after school and have less free time. What are the positive and negative effects on children and society they live in?
1. Some people think most crimes are the result of circumstances like poverty and other social problems. Others believe that they are caused by people who are bad in nature. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. As most people spend a majority part of their adult life in work. Job satisfaction is an important part of individual well-being. What are the factors that contribute to the job satisfaction? How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction of all workers?
3. Some people think everyone should be a vegetarian, because we do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. The government money should be invested in teaching science rather than other subjects so as to help country make progress and develop. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people believe that to maintain the cultural identity of a city, the government should build all the new buildings in a traditional way, to what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. In some countries, governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move out of large cities and into regional areas. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantages?
7. In some countries, museums charge people for admission, while in some other countries, people are admitted into museums free of charge. Do you think the advantages of charging admission outweigh its disadvantages?
8. Good relationship between different countries is becoming more important than before. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people think that museums and art galleries should be enjoyable places to entertain people. Others, however, believe that the purpose of museums and art galleries is to educate. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
10. Many countries believe that international tourism has harmful effects. Why do they think so? What can be done to change their views?
11. Some people think people working in creative arts should be financially supported by government. Others think they should find financial support from other resources. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
12. With the rapid economic development, people living in developed and developing countries both have become richer than before. But studies show that people in developing countries feel happier than before, while those in developed countries do not. Discuss the reasons and lessons we can learn from it.
13. Space travel has been possible for some time and some people believe that space tourism could be developed in the future. Do you think it is a positive or negative development？
14. Human beings like to copy each other and this is reflected in the popularity of fashion, clothes, and consumer goods. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Nowadays, mobile phones and internet have become increasingly important in people’s social life. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
16. The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world costs numerous governments' expenditures. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17. In some countries, young people are not only richer but also safer and healthier than ever before. However, they are less happy. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
18. Some people believe that giving aid to poorer countries has more negative effects than positive effects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Some people think that the best way to improve road safety is to increase the minimum legal age for driving a car or motor-bike. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. It has become easier and more affordable for people to visit other countries. Is it a positive or negative development?
21. Caring for children is important in any society. All parents should be required to take childcare courses. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
22. Some people think young people should be free to choose his or her job，but other people think they should be realistic and think more about their future. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
23. Some people think all lawbreakers should be put into prison, while others believe that there are better alternatives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
24. Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the Internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
25. The workplace nowadays is trying to employ the equal number of females and males. Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?
更多雅思学习资料，关注我的新浪微博@雅思哥 和微信公众号 ielts365
Copyright2017, passthexam.com. All rights reserved. | 粤ICP备17119734号